Introduction to JVM Languages
Page Count390 Pages
About the e-Book
Introduction to JVM Languages pdf
- This guide provides in-depth coverage of the Java Virtual Machine and its features
- The practical examples will help you understand the core concepts of Java, Scala, Kotlin, Clojure, and Groovy
- Work with various programming paradigms and gain knowledge about imperative, object oriented, and functional programming
Anyone who knows software development knows about the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), it is responsible for interpreting Java byte code and translating it into actions. In the beginning, Java was the only programming language used for the JVM. However, increasing the complexity of the language and improving the performance of the JVM created an opening for a new generation of programming languages.
If you want to build a strong foundation with the JVM and get started with popular modern programming languages, then this book is for you. It begins with a general introduction to JVM and the features common to the JVM languages, helping you keep abreast of its concepts.
It then dives into explaining languages such as Java, Scala, Kotlin, Clojure, and Groovy. It shows you how to work with each language, plus their features, use cases, and the pros and cons. By writing example projects in those languages and focusing on each language's strong points, we will help you find the programming language that is most appropriate for your particular needs.
By the end of the book, you will have written multiple programs that run on JVM and know about the differences between the various languages.
What you will learn
- Gain practical information about JVM
- Understand the popular JVM languages and the Java Class Library
- Find out about various programming paradigms such as imperative, object oriented, and functional
- Work with common JVM tools such as Eclipse IDE, Gradle
- Explore frameworks such as SparkJava, Vert.x, Akka, and JavaFX
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Concurrency in Go: Tools and Techniques for Developers
Cloud Native Java