Kali Linux Network Scanning Cookbook 2nd Edition
Page Count634 Pages
About the e-Book
Kali Linux Network Scanning Cookbook 2nd Edition pdf
- Learn the fundamentals behind commonly used scanning techniques
- Deploy powerful scanning tools that are integrated into the Kali Linux testing platform
- The practical recipes will help you automate menial tasks and build your own script library
With the ever-increasing amount of data flowing in today’s world, information security has become vital to any application. This is where Kali Linux comes in. Kali Linux focuses mainly on security auditing and penetration testing. This step-by-step cookbook on network scanning trains you in important scanning concepts based on version 2016.2. It will enable you to conquer any network environment through a range of network scanning techniques and will also equip you to script your very own tools.
Starting with the fundamentals of installing and managing Kali Linux, this book will help you map your target with a wide range of network scanning tasks, including discovery, port scanning, fingerprinting, and more. You will learn how to utilize the arsenal of tools available in Kali Linux to conquer any network environment. The book offers expanded coverage of the popular Burp Suite and has new and updated scripts for automating scanning and target exploitation. You will also be shown how to identify remote services, how to assess security risks, and how various attacks are performed. You will cover the latest features of Kali Linux 2016.2, which includes the enhanced Sparta tool and many other exciting updates.
This immersive guide will also encourage the creation of personally scripted tools and the skills required to create them.
What you will learn
- Develop a network-testing environment that can be used to test scanning tools and techniques
- Understand the underlying principles of network scanning technologies by building custom scripts and tools
- Identify distinct vulnerabilities in both web applications and remote services and understand the techniques that are used to exploit them
- Perform comprehensive scans to identify listening on TCP and UDP sockets
- Get an overview of the different desktop environments for Kali Linux such as KDE, MATE, LXDE, XFC, and so on
- Use Sparta for information gathering, port scanning, fingerprinting, vulnerability scanning, and more
- Evaluate Denial of Service threats and develop an understanding of how common Denial of Service attacks are performed
- Learn how to use Burp Suite to evaluate web applications
About the Author
Michael Hixon is a former Marine Corps veteran; he worked as an infantryman and counterintelligence agent. After the military, he worked as a programmer before changing his focus to IT security.
Michael has worked for the Red Cross, Department of Defense, Department of Justice, and numerous intelligence agencies in his career. Michael currently runs the Baltimore chapter of OWASP, and oversees security for a number of the FAA’s web sites, CISSP, CEH, and eCPPT.
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Deep Learning: Practical Neural Networks with Java