Mastering macOS Programming
Page Count626 Pages
About the e-Book
Mastering macOS Programming pdf
- Learn to harness the power of macOS with the elegance of the Swift programming language
- Become highly competent in building apps on the macOS platform
- Get the most in-depth guide with a hands-on approach on the latest version of macOS
macOS continues to lead the way in desktop operating systems, with its tight integration across the Apple ecosystem of platforms and devices. With this book, you will get an in-depth knowledge of working on macOS, enabling you to unleash the full potential of the latest version using Swift 3 to build applications.
This book will help you broaden your horizons by taking your programming skills to next level. The initial chapters will show you all about the environment that surrounds a developer at the start of a project. It introduces you to the new features that Swift 3 and Xcode 8 offers and also covers the common design patterns that you need to know for planning anything more than trivial projects. You will then learn the advanced Swift programming concepts, including memory management, generics, protocol orientated and functional programming and with this knowledge you will be able to tackle the next several chapters that deal with Apple's own Cocoa frameworks. It also covers AppKit, Foundation, and Core Data in detail which is a part of the Cocoa umbrella framework. The rest of the book will cover the challenges posed by asynchronous programming, error handling, debugging, and many other areas that are an indispensable part of producing software in a professional environment.
By the end of this book, you will be well acquainted with Swift, Cocoa, and AppKit, as well as a plethora of other essential tools, and you will be ready to tackle much more complex and advanced software projects.
What You Will Learn
- Combine beautiful design with robust code for the very best user experience
- Bring the best coding practices to the new macOS Sierra
- See what's new in Swift 3.0 and how best to leverage the Swift language
- Master Apple's tools, including Xcode, Interface Builder, and Instruments
- Use Unix and other common command-line tools to increase productivity
- Explore the essential Cocoa frameworks, including networking, animation, audio, and video
About the Author
Stuart Grimshaw has programmed for Apple computers since the days before OS X and has been involved with developing for the Apple Watch since its release. Born in the UK and having lived in Germany and the Netherlands, he is currently a freelance iOS/tvOS/macOS developer in Auckland, New Zealand, where he works on some of Australia-New Zealand's largest video and TV delivery apps and leads the research and development of both watchOS and tvOS applications. He is passionate about the potential of the Apple Watch and Apple TV, as well as Apple's Swift programming language, and is a keen proponent of beach coding.
Table of Contents
- Hello macOS
- Basic Swift
- Checking Out the Power of Xcode
- MVC and Other Design Patterns
- Advanced Swift
- Cocoa Frameworks: The Backbone of Your App
- Creating Views Programmatically
- Strings, Text, and Fonts
- Get More from Interface Buillder
- Drawing on the Strength of Core Graphics
- Moving to Core Animation
- Handling Errors Gracefully
- On-device and Cloud Storage
- The Benefit of Core Data
- Connect to the World: Networking
- Concurrency and Asynchronous Programming
- Understanding Xcode's Debugging tools
- LLDB and the Command Line
- Deploying Third-party SDKs and Framework
- Build and Distribution
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Learning jQuery 3