Managing the Psychological Impact of Medical Trauma
About the e-Book
Managing the Psychological Impact of Medical Trauma pdf
Intervention with patients who have had a traumatic experience in a health care setting is crucial not only to prevent long-term psychological issues, but also to help patients reduce anxiety when seeking medical help in the future. This groundbreaking book is the first to conceptualize medical trauma and provide mental health and health care professionals with best practices for treating such trauma in health care settings. It delivers in-depth systems-level strategies for supporting patients and their families who experience distress in the medical setting or as a result of life-threatening or life-altering diagnoses and procedures, and describes innovative models for integrating mental health professionals into current health care teams.
Written for both mental health and health care leaders and professionals, the book reflects the growing trend toward interprofessional practice and training in health care, as well as the growth of patient-centered and person-centered care. It reflects the mandate of the PPACA for availability and integration of mental health services into health care and includes models for addressing trauma based on maternal health protocols from the Council on Patient Safety in Women's Health Care. Plentiful case studies demonstrate the effects of medical trauma and how intervention models can provide a positive outcome. Useful assessment tools, also available as electronic downloadable files, are included to help professionals recognize and evaluate medical trauma in patients.
- Provides comprehensive information about conceptualizing and treating medical trauma in health care settings, the first book to do so
- Offers models for addressing such trauma based on maternal health protocols from the Council on Patient Safety in Women's Health Care
- Aimed at both mental health and health care professionals in all practice settings
- Includes case studies to illustrate effects of medical trauma and intervention models
- Includes several assessment tools to assist health care and mental health professionals with recognizing the many effects of medical trauma
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Heimlich's Maneuvers: My Seventy Years of Lifesaving Innovation
Moving and Handling Patients at a Glance